[MCR] Hudson Bay Mountain 12 Apr 06

Subject: [MCR] Hudson Bay Mountain 12 Apr 06
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:46:46 -0000

Temperatures have dropped and there has been a bit of new snow above 1000 m.
We found 10 cm of storm snow at 1800 m, on top of a very hard 80 cm thick
slab. There are softer layers below this, but it would be difficult to trigger
this slab as long as temperatures remain cool. Today we were in a highly
windloaded area that has about a metre more snow than less sheltered areas on
Hudson Bay Mountain. Skiing quality was good with 10 cm of soft snow on top of
a hard pack.

--
Christoph Dietzfelbinger, Mountain Guide
Bear Mountaineering and the Burnie Glacier Chalet