[MCR] Victoria North Peak

Subject: [MCR] Victoria North Peak
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 18:55:53 -0600
Just talked to a party ascending north ridge of Victoria after leaving skis
at col.  A party of 2 was following them.  The lower party triggered a
cornice failure on the way up the ridge and was avalanched down the upper
Victoria glacier for a few hundred feet.  They were miraculously unhurt and
later, everyone was able to ski down without further incident.  The cornice
did not seem overhanging to the either party but was at least 4 meters
thick.  Details are from a phone conversation so I hope I got the details
right.

Marc Ledwidge
Mountain Guide