[MCR] Assiniboine July 26 to 28/06

Subject: [MCR] Assiniboine July 26 to 28/06
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:29:08 -0600
Climbed Mt. Assiniboine Yesterday July 27/06.   Excellent conditions,
the best I have seen for a few years.  The mountain itself is almost
free of snow, except for couple patches.  Still has a summit cornice
that you need to be careful.  We did not use any crampons, and used my
ax to chop 4 steps.

The Gmoser Highway is also in great shape.  The only snow patch left is
in the far south end where you exit out.  That snow is easily bypassed
on the left.

The Temperature yesterday at 03:30 was about +9.0 at 8800 feet.  On the
summit of Assiniboine ( 11, 867) was about +5 at 09:00.

Marco Delesalle
Mountain Guide