[MCR] Falling Pillars

Subject: [MCR] Falling Pillars
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 19:03:42 -0700
Just a heads up that on our way to Lake Louise for a ski tour this morning we noticed that La Goute's top pillar had broken off probably due to cold temps.  As we were skiing out from Surprise Pass (which is still in similar condition as Sean's post) we talked to a couple of guys who had just experienced a really close call at the base of Louise Falls when the right side of the curtain fell off above them and left a huge pile of debris where they had been standing.

Its seems that its good to be weary of hanging ice when there are big changes in temperatures.

Cheers,
Marc Piché
Mountain Guide