[MCR] east of Whistler Mountains boundary

Subject: [MCR] east of Whistler Mountains boundary
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 23:18:46 -0800
I was east of Whistler Mt's ski area boundary in Burntstew Basin.  In the flats of the basin, at around 1700m, there is a height of snow of 150cm and a foot penetration of about 70cm.  Ski penetration is 30cm.  The ski quality is pretty much excellent. As the visibility was pretty bad by the time I got there I don't have a lot to say about the Alpine.  At Tree Line I saw no avalanche activity, and many slopes got there first tracks of the season; I'd place the hazard as Moderate, and going up as it storms tonight.

Dave Sarkany,   Ski Guide