[MCR] Monashee Mountains - Mt. MacPherson Dec.26-27/06

Subject: [MCR] Monashee Mountains - Mt. MacPherson Dec.26-27/06
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 23:58:05 -0800

I have spent the last couple of days close to home skiing on Mt. Macpherson on the Monashee side of the Columbia valley.

Dec.26 - @30cm. storm snow from just before Xmas – no real slab and limited wind affect as far as treeline (7,000 ft. - I didn’t get any higher – a bit of a late start).

Dec.27 - @15-20cm. of snow overnight means rebreaking the trail from yesterday – a lot more wind today as the ridge built in behind the system – so lots of wind affect at and above treeline – lots of touchy soft slabs forming where I turned around – which was about 1,000ft. lower than yesterday – still good skiing (okay amazing) skiing where it is below treeline and protected from the winds.

Tomorrow will be the first blue sky day in a while so tread gently if you are foraying above treeline over the next few days.

Cheers,

Scott Davis

Mountain Guide