[MCR] Cayoosh/ Duffy Lake

Subject: [MCR] Cayoosh/ Duffy Lake
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 21:38:51 -0800 (PST)
Just came out from Cayoosh area today. Around 40 cm's
of very moist snow at valley bottom elevation
(5500ft), I imagine up to 60+ cm's at higher
elevations.
Tried to get some skiing in still, however as you can
imagine there were not to many good turns to be had.
Travel was quite difficult and the tree bombs in the
Forest made tree skiing out of the question. We
managed a few turns in the pillow Field at the end of
the road but even this seemed to be pushing it with
all the new snow and warm temps.
In the few clear moments of the day we could see
extensive evidence of a natural cycle going on at all
elevations and aspects. I would say stability is Poor
in most places.
It might be best to stick to another sport for the
next few days until the temps cool off. Oh, Ya. The
road was very bad too!
 Craig McGee, Mountain Guide.