[MCR] Battle Abbey- Week Synopsis

Subject: [MCR] Battle Abbey- Week Synopsis
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 19:14:13 -0700
An excellent week at Battle Abbey with many high summits and steeper runs. Early in the week stability was already good. The 02/04 layer 50-60 down produced hard resistant planar shears which gained strength throughout the week. Surface hoar on this layer was only found in isolated pockets of Huston ck, below treeline. By weeks end this layer was producing hard broken results. Some isolated soft slabs formed in the Alpine and seemed to have diffused with continuing cold temps and settlement. By the end of the week we were calling the alpine and treeline stability very good with sluffing only in 40 degree plus inclines. We summitted Mt. Butters, Typee and Little Ahab. Skiing also epic lines such as the Throne, Steepness, Kitchen Envy and more. We skied over 37,000 ft for the week and received about 50cm in the alpine. Guiding clients to the top of Mt. Butters and being able to ski the steepest line off its summit, with 5000 vertical feet of perfect powder, long pitches and back at the hut at 15:30 will remain one of my favorite outings ever. We apologize to the next group for having tracked out so much terrain?but snows on the way. Happy trails, Eric Dumerac ACMG guide.

RealLiveMoms: Share your experience with Real Live Moms just like you http://www.reallivemoms.ca/