**JUNK** [MCR] Selkirk Mountains - Rogers Pass - Dome and Lily Glacier -

Subject: **JUNK** [MCR] Selkirk Mountains - Rogers Pass - Dome and Lily Glacier - Dec.14-07
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 07:50:36 -0800

Skied up Asulkan Brook to the Dome Glacier and then after skiing that we went over the Dome Col to the Lily Glacier and out Loop Brook.

Broken skies and valley fog broke up near the end of the day making for good visibility while skiing.

50-60cm. over the Dec.3 crust at treeline in this area – I did several types of test on the crust bond as we climbed up (compression – shovel shear – hand shears) and found the crust well bonded in this location. Up higher in the alpine we had 50 cm. ski penetration through low density snow that lacked any cohesion for a slab.

On the Lily side of the col there was some old windslab below 30-40 cm. of low density snow – this disappeared as we skied lower on the glacier – I suspect it was some old downflow winds from last week that created this wind affect.

The trail out the loop brook has one water crossing on it but it is an easy one (without skis that is)

No new avalanches observed other than sluffing out of steep terrain triggered by the morning sunshine.

We have had another 10 cm. overnight in Revelstoke.

Cheers,

Scott Davis

Best Ever Adventures

E-mail: sdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx