[MCR] East End of Rundle Rock Climbs

Subject: [MCR] East End of Rundle Rock Climbs
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 22:24:23 -0600
Today we went and had a look at some routes at the East End of Rundle. First we tried Eric Dumerac's route Generosity just right of the Guides' Route but the 3rd pitch turned out to be a gushing waterfall. Also EEOR's Tail is wet top to bottom. Reprobate looked ok but we ended up doing a combination of pitches on the True Grit pillar - all of which was entirely dry and so is Raptor. On the other side of White Man's Gap, there is still snow on the approach to Ha Ling and the East Face is still looking wet in spots, namely the final dihedral.

Surprisingly nobody out there climbing today on EEOR - nice weather / long weekend and all........different story in the parking lot at Canmore's Sobeys afterwards....

Cheers,
Jorg Wilz

Mountain Guide (ACMG / IFMGA)
1-800 506-7177 or (001) 403 678 2717