[MCR] Duffey lake/ Marble Canyon ice climbs

Subject: [MCR] Duffey lake/ Marble Canyon ice climbs
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:38:33 -0800 (PST)
Drove through the Duffy lake area yesterday and this is what I saw. If its not mentioned here it was probably not "IN"as I took a good look around.
In the early morning light "Entropy "looked in? "that could mean anything in that light"
Looked like you could scratch up something in the "Syco pillar" area (mixed routes only)
No ice at all on "Blue moon on rye"
"Dream Cather" looked like it would be climbable
Looked like most of the regular climbs at the "Rambles" were in, however they looked quite thin compared to normal.
Carl berg was NOT in
The first pitches of "loose lady" were in. I tried to see the upper pitch, but could only see the ice on the last few feet, so?
"Synchronicity" was in, however the first few feet of the first main pitch looked very thin or rock .
"Honeyman falls" looked climbable, but there was a hole with open water in the middle up top.
Most of the climbs in Marble canyon looked climbable. The lower wall had lots of ice, but thin in places. The top pitches on "Icy BC looked climbable, but very hard"
It was -22 at the Rambles and -30 in marble canyon...
All in all I was surprised to see very little free water that could freeze in these temps. It looks like it must have been very dry up there fopr the past few weeks, hopefully it warms up at bit!

Have Fun,

Craig McGee, ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide

cell 604 902 0296