[MCR] Curtain Call

Subject: [MCR] Curtain Call
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 07:13:09 -0600
Climbed Curtain Call yesterday, March 15. Good trail leading up to the climb, once you are in the trees. We took skis, saved on some post holing on the flats where the trail drifts in and becomes harder to follow. Left the skis in the trees. The climb is challenging, as per usual, only two? other ascents recently. The line seems to be up the centre of the first pillar aiming for a large window/cave in the middle of everything. Climb into the window and up through a cave and out onto the left pillar for some  endurance climbing, then up onto the half way ledge and a two bolt belay. We did the first in one long 70 meterish pitch, but a belay can be made in the cave. We climbed the second pillar via its left side and traverse into its centre, slightly harder overall than the first pitch. Walking behind the pillar and checking out the right side would be a good idea, we didn't because it was raining water over there (all of this could, of course, change if the water moves to the centre or right!).

Great climb,
happy trails

Barry Blanchard
UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide