[MCR] Little Yoho, July 9, 11

Subject: [MCR] Little Yoho, July 9, 11
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 09:35:55 -0600
Climbed Isolated Peak and Mt McArthur via the southeast glacier on July 9th. Good step kicking into 15 cms of new snow the consistency of spongy whale fat, didn't use crampons. Descended via the southeast drainage between McArthur and Pollinger which works, but is not as good as going back the way we came.

July 11th we climbed the President and Vice President. Good step kicking up the glacier with the new snow mentioned above settling quickly, we put on crampons. Bergschrund at the col was passed on the President side and this passage should be useable for awhile. Vice President was climbed directly from the col via a snow gulley. The sun and warmth started some snow moving in point release avalanches on east slopes by noon.

Happy trails,

Barry Blanchard
UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures