[MCR] Extra Lite

Subject: [MCR] Extra Lite
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:13:29 -0700
Guided the first half of Extra Lite today, Feb 21. Walked across the frozen Kicking Horse River with the first bit being on newly frozen surface floods. There is a good trail into the climb and contrary to what the guidebook says the creek leading up to the climb is quite defined at the railway tracks.

There is a lot of water on the route and it was impossible not to have the ropes get wet, then freeze.

We watched Silk Tassel avalanche at 12:20 pm (it looked to be a size 2 when we drove away later in the day).

There was ankle deep water running over the surface of the Kicking Horse River on our return.

Happy trails,

Barry Blanchard
UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide
1 403 609 4615