[MCR] South Ridge Mt. Norguay/The TeaseThe ( Ice climb)

Subject: [MCR] South Ridge Mt. Norguay/The TeaseThe ( Ice climb)
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 21:24:51 -0600
Yesterday (May 7th)  I guided the South Ridge of Mt. Norguay,  There was up to
10 - 15 cm from the last storm,  which was quite entertaining on  the crux
section.   I am glad that I found good gear.  I stopped short  of the summit
about 50 to 100 meters because there was too much snow on low angle slab with
no gear!  I saw Sheep tracks crossing this slab with snow  and huge exposure.
I guess they had more nerves than me.

Today (May 8)I climbed The Tease (the waterfall) in Paradise Valley.   Felt
like winter with spring conditions.  The ice was in great shape and dry.   Felt
hard for its grade, but I have been skiing all of April, so that probably has
something to do with it.  In the morning we were able to walk all the way in
with the melt freeze crust (without snowshoes), but in the p.m we used the snow
shoes till we were on the hiking trail and than we walked without snow shoes.
cheers,

Marco Delesalle
 Mountain Guide
www.greatdividemountaineering.com