[MCR] Mt. Sir Douglas

Subject: [MCR] Mt. Sir Douglas
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 02:11:01 +0000
Made an attempt on the SE face route today with fellow guide and friend P.Hungr.   We found up to 35cm of windpressed snow 2500m and above. We traveled up the lower slopes below the couloir and easily crossed the multiple schrunds before turning around at 0830. Large cornices still threaten the SE face and things were warming up too quickly for our liking.

No melt freeze apparant. Crevasses still well covered, no sagging.

If the warm forecast holds true for the next few days, I would not want to be on this route.

Kristopher Irwin
A.C.M.G.  Assistant Alpine Guide
Banff, Alberta

Turn down-time into play-time with Messenger games Play Now!