[MCR] Beatty Col to North Kananaskis Pass

Subject: [MCR] Beatty Col to North Kananaskis Pass
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 15:30:45 -0600
Finished up a 21-day Outward Bound youth course today. Three days ago we travelled over Beatty Col from Three Isle Lake into Le Roy Creek. The north side of the col is in decent shape with a few remnant snow patches. We had soft conditions on the snow but hard boots and an ice axe and perhaps crampons would be recommended especially if you travel early in the day. We descended at around noon time and there was no rockfall.

This is a beautiful albeit adventurous way of travelling between the passes. Excellent trout fishing at Maude Lake right now.

Regards,
Tom Wolfe
AAG/SG
Outward Bound Canada