[MCR] avalanche on Edith Cavell

Subject: [MCR] avalanche on Edith Cavell
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 15:58:25 -0600
I was just in Jasper at Edge Control (one of local shops) and Paula Beauchamp who runs "Walks and Talks" took these photos on Saturday (July 2nd 2011) She took the shots from the trail above the small glacial tarn where people often wander closer to the mountain than they should.

She said it was quite scary and people were scattering as this massive slide came down.

I saw the first shot of the powder cloud and was very impressed.

Just to confirm what has been posted over the last few days.......there is still an avalanche hazard out there and I would guess we will see more before it gets better.

Pretty impressive shots!        just when you thought it was summer

Peter Amann
Mountain Guide

Peter Amann
pamann@xxxxxxxxxxxx