[MCR] Rockfall event, Snowpatch Spire, Bugaboos, August 26th

Subject: [MCR] Rockfall event, Snowpatch Spire, Bugaboos, August 26th
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:12:57 -0600
A friend just got back from the Bugaboos, and observed a large rockfall event on Snowpatch Spire, in the vicinity of the Snowpatch route...  (see below):

On 26th of August at about 4pm, we observed a large rock fall and snow fall event release from the lower left side of the snow patch, on Snowpatch Spire.

From our view point near the summit of Crescent Spire, we observed numerous fridge size boulders pepper the Son of Snowpatch and Snowpatch col. A good portion of the slide reached the glacier ice and boulder field below.
Stay safe out there...

Cheers

Ian Jackson
ACMG assistant rock and assistant ski guide