[MCR] conditions in Revelstoke

Subject: [MCR] conditions in Revelstoke
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 11:59:18 -0800
It rained all night at my house (450m). The 40cms of snow in the yard as of early last week is down to a slushy 10ish and patches of green grass. Very windy all night. Freezing level looks pretty high: the trees look green all the way to the cloud base which is around 1600/1700m right now. There was a lull this morning but now it’s +2, windy, and raining again. I suspect avalanche conditions will have deteriorated overnight and are worse now than they were yesterday. Looks like the end to this storm cycle is near. Forecast for the coming week looks increasingly dry and cool.

The pack will likely tighten up quite quickly when the weather breaks and temps cool off. However, I suggest giving everything a couple of days after it clears before starting to step it up, and then start out on smaller, low-consequence terrain before jumping onto the big, steep stuff.

Karl Klassen
Mountain Guide
Revelstoke, BC