[MCR] Rockies, Coire Dubh Integral

Subject: [MCR] Rockies, Coire Dubh Integral
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 18:13:14 -0600
My fellow guide, Pat Delaney, and I guided ascents of Coire Dubh Integral
today, April 1. The ice on the first pitch is deteriorating and climbed like
somewhat detached stiff slush. It may not be long for this season. The rest of
the ice was fine. Recent snows have blanketed the scree ledges with snow that
feels like spongy whale blubber, but provided good step kicking today. The snow
is also holding the rocks in place, no rockfall there today. We climbed the
crux rock corner without crampons on dry rock with some wetness weeping from
snow patches. We descended the ridgeline to the 1A Highway after traversing
Loder Peak.

Overall -good conditions. We made the trip in about seven and a half hours.

Happy trails,

Barry Blanchard
Mountain Guide
www.barryblanchard.ca