[MCR] Spearhead and Mystery Creek

Subject: [MCR] Spearhead and Mystery Creek
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 21:16:44 -0700

I spent the weekend in the Mystery Creek area and also skied out to Tremor Mt today. On both trips  I found good skiing on N slopes above 2100m. A few cm of new snow is now on top of a faceting old wind slab. South aspects have a solid crust and ski crampons are useful. Today I found the the Alpine Hazard was Moderate. Some thin wind slabs have accumulated in the alpine. Cornices are big but the colder temperatures kept everything solid.

From a distance I saw the most interesting looking glide crack near the top of Decker Mt NE Side.  It is just N of the heli ski stakes. At the top of the Decker heliski run. There is a shrund there most summers. Be careful if you ski that line!

Dave Sarkany

DSK Guiding

acmg_ski_SKGABC scanned logo- july 2011