[MCR] MCR: Northern Monashee Horseshoe ski-traverse

Subject: [MCR] MCR: Northern Monashee Horseshoe ski-traverse
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 15:51:01 -0700
Hello
Just finished (Saturday May 26, 2012) guiding 10 ski guests on a full week long new ski traverse in the Northern Monashee Mountains, from Hat Pk. via Frisby Glacier to Cornice Pk. (0404.300E 5676.100N). At Hat Pk. we have stayed for two nights, planned to climb Hat Peak during one of the days. Unfortunately the weather came down hard on us and made it impossible to climb and ski our planned tour of the second day. For the following few days we weather improved, however we still had to navigate in fog and at times experienced heavier snow flurries.
Inspite of the weather, skiing was absolutely incredible in all skied elevations and aspects. For the last two days of the tour we received the good weather. Our final 1150 v.m. ski run from Cornice Peak down to the 1380 m elevation bowl west of Jordan - Frisby Creek Pass was the most perfect finish to our 5 Star ski adventure, as we "pioneered" a new ski traverse. This ski traverse took place in steep and complex terrain between 1800 m. elevation and the mountain tops of the high alpine, offering the most stunning view towards the Northern Selkirk Mountains of the Carnes Peak group and the Mt.Moloch - Durrand Glacier area. Skiing north of Revelstoke is still incredible.

Enjoy the summer

Ruedi Beglinger
I.F.M.G.A / A.C.M.G. Mountain Guide
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx