[MCR] Joffre

Subject: [MCR] Joffre
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:14:18 -0700
Climbed the SE face of Joffre experiencing excellent neve snow and very dry
rock. No rockfall at all observed despite summer like conditions. I recommend
using the snow feature( looks like an angel) right of the climbers camp at
6600' as a way to reach the principal snow field on the E aspect of Joffre
rather than the direct route through a boulder field and talus.
We ascended the tower immediately above the difficult step leading toward the
summit ridge climbing above the col and traversing a ledge over the NE face
couloir, which I believe is a better option than descending down and around
from the col which looks like the direction many climbers are going.

Tim Pochay
IFMGA Guide