[MCR] Rogers Pass March 20-22nd additional note

Subject: [MCR] Rogers Pass March 20-22nd additional note
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:19:08 -0800

Hi gang,

Just one thing to add to Larry’s note.

I was in the pass (Bonney Glacier area) on Monday and the surface hoar on the surface at that time was quite well developed (top 10 mm. or more) and if the skiing improves this will be something to keep in the back of your minds – not to mention all those buried suncrusts.

I didn’t see the reported slide in the Bonney moraines but there had been a skier accidental off the moraine leading to the Lily Glacier – I am not sure if that was the same one or a different event (the way I went up I didn’t have a great view of all the Bonney moraine slopes) – the one on the Lily moraines was triggered on Saturday and involved 2 skiers.

Scott Davis

Mountain Guide