[MCR] Wapta conditions

Subject: [MCR] Wapta conditions
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 19:03:05 -0600
June 30- July 3.
Very warm all days and no freezes. Climbed Olive and St Nick on July 1st still pretty good travel up higher on glacier. Tongue of glacier getting sloppy, thin and will soon be ice. Over to Peyto on July 2nd. Good travel up high to Thompson pass but getting very isothermal on slope leading down to Peyto hut. About 60-70 cm from mid slope down, which is less than I would have thought. From below the hut the Peyto glacier will be ice the next few days. We started on bare ice below the hut, traversed across and only were on snow for a few hundred metres to reach the main gully.
Peter Amann

Peter Amann
Mountain Guiding
Box 1495, Jasper AB, T0E 1E0