RE: [MCR] Asulkan valley July 17th-21st, 2006

Subject: RE: [MCR] Asulkan valley July 17th-21st, 2006
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 09:45:19 -0700

Having climbed the North Ridge of Swanzy twice over the last few years, both times I’ve been forced on to the same 5.8 pitch as described by Larry.  And the second time I was determined to find what I figured I must have missed on my first visit.  Definitely a nice route, but a little out of character for it’s 5.4 grade when compared to Sir Donald or Tupper.

Worth doing nonetheless, but be ready for a few sections of real climbing in mountain boots.

Paul Norrie

Mountain Guide