[MCR] East Ridge of Temple

Subject: [MCR] East Ridge of Temple
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:47:51 -0600
Climbed the East Ridge of Temple with a guest yesterday.  Excellent conditions and dry (the gullies of the Black Towers are bone dry).  Need crampons for the summit Icefield.  Instead of going up the the gully in Black Towers, I went up to the ridge above the Sphinx Face and climbed the ridge to the snow field from there - quite good climbing up to 5.7.  Beware not to trust all pitons that you see, I replaced some that I was able to pull out.

Okay weather for most part, but snowed quite heavily near the summit.

Cheers,

Marco Delesalle
Mountain Guide