[MCR] Howsons 13 March 07

Subject: [MCR] Howsons 13 March 07
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 05:58:39 -0800
4 cm new snow this morning and yesterday promise great skiing. Yesterday we skied Loft Peak and found good skiing in slightly wind affected snow in the alpine, excellent skiing below. There are 40 to 60 cm of powder on last week's raincrust which seem to be bonding well. It appears that it rained to about 1700 m, and impressive avalanches ran last week We saw few recent natural slabs up to size 2, but mostly smaller, in steep windloaded features. More snow and light winds are expected today. 250 cm at the lodge and bottomless higher up.
--
Christoph Dietzfelbinger
Mountain Guide IFMGA