[MCR] Ice climbing conditions in the Whistler area

Subject: [MCR] Ice climbing conditions in the Whistler area
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 18:26:14 -0800 (PST)
Went out searching for a quick climb today. Found lots
of ice forming but the only thing we could find that
was formed enough to climb was the "Plum" and
"Politically correct Valentine".  We only climbed the
first pitch of the Plumb, but there was a party on the
second pitch and the whole climb looked fully
climbable. Its is probably a bit stiff for the grade
on all the pitches, but the ice was surprisingly
thicker than it appeared from the road and took full
length screws.
We drove around quite a bit after and not much else
looked "IN" between whistler and there".
Have fun. Craig McGee, MG

Craig McGee,  ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
102-4369 Main St. Suite #337
Whistler BC