[MCR] Dolomite Peak Area, Feb 28, 2008

Subject: [MCR] Dolomite Peak Area, Feb 28, 2008
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:36:33 -0800 (PST)
Had a great tour around Dolomite Peak today!  10-15cm of new snow with little wind effect made for excellent skiing and easy travelling.  There was some windloading going on at ridgetops and we saw a large slab (Size 2.0+) pull out in some steep North facing terrain on Bow Peak first thing in the morning.  The sunny breaks were also enough to create a light sun crust on South facing slopes.  In general the snowpack was quite weak and we stayed off of steeper terrain and away from overhead hazards.

Cheers, Conrad Janzen
IFMGA Mountain Guide
403.678.8336(cell)// 403.760.0887(home)

A person should have wings to carry them where their dreams go, but sometimes a pair of skis makes a good substitute. -Hans Gmoser-