[MCR] Rockies, The Water Hole, Snowline

Subject: [MCR] Rockies, The Water Hole, Snowline
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 18:21:51 -0700
On Dec 5th I guided ascents of the Left Water Hole, Right Water Hole and Upper
Water Hole. All climbs were in exceptional shape given that they seem to only
form every 8? years. The Upper Water Hole may have just been climbed this year
by Mark and Geoff. It is about a 45 minute walk following the drainage above
The Water Hole Right (some tree/cliff climbing to get above an intermediate
rock band en route), 30 metres, WI 4ish. The Water Hole Right is all about a
tree trunk size pillar half way up the climb, be delicate, and note that there
is a bolt on the right (I missed it when I climbed the route last week).

I guided an ascent of Snowline today, Dec 6th and we had a virgin ice surface.
The climb has gained mass over the last week and now takes 10 and 13 cm screws
in the first 20 metres.

Happy trails,

Barry Blanchard
Mountain Guide