[MCR] Rockies Ice - Johnson Creek/Waiparous

Subject: [MCR] Rockies Ice - Johnson Creek/Waiparous
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 21:53:06 -0700

Attempted to climb Caroline & Marion Falls in the Johnson Creek drainage on Feb 2.  Too scared to drive my 4x4 across Waiparous Creek (several inches of water on the ice) meant a long walk for Bruce Hendricks and myself. A lengthy approach that resulted in no ice climbing. Really we just wanted to test out our hiking skills. Somehow both climbs collapsed in the last week or so since the previous post on this area (Jan 27th). We did notice some fresh slushy tire tracks over the river crossing once we eventually found my vehicle. No idea what they were driving (too big to be a quad), but they didn’t appear to get stuck.

Nick Straub

Hiking Guide

straubn@xxxxxxxxx

via