[MCR] Rockies, Moonlight Falls, Haffner, The Professor Falls.

Subject: [MCR] Rockies, Moonlight Falls, Haffner, The Professor Falls.
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 17:35:55 -0700
Feb 11th I guided Moonlight Falls. Great track in there. The climb is in good
shape. Bring extra draws, I clipped 7 Abalakovs as protection on the first
pitch.

Feb 12th I guided in Haffner Creek. We climbed the traditional mixed line that
is climber's left of the first ice flow by about 10 metres. The slabby dihedral
on the left takes small finger sized TCUs and I wish that I hadn't left most of
them in my pack (the pitch ends at a two bolt and chain anchor). The area is in
great shape overall.

Today, Feb 13th, I guided The Professor Falls. We were able to ride mountain
bikes all the way to the bottom of the drainage (my guest was good on a bike).
The climb is huge and blue and getting huger. We walked off of the top pitch
and did the scrambling descent with one 25 metre rappel. Nowhere to start an
avalanche anywhere we were today.

Happy trails,

Barry Blanchard
Mountain Guide