[MCR] Sir Donald - West Face Bypass, Rogers Pass, July 24, 2013

Subject: [MCR] Sir Donald - West Face Bypass, Rogers Pass, July 24, 2013
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 21:20:52 -0700 (PDT)
Enjoyed a hot summer day guiding alongside Fred Amyot on the NW Ridge of Sir Donald .  We used our ice axes on the approach to the Uto-Sir Donald col but with the warm temperatures crampons were not needed.  We descended using the West Face Bypass route and this option is mainly dry and in good shape.  A few meters of snow to cross in one spot but this should be gone soon.  No rockfall observed.  A great day to be up high!

Cheers, Conrad Janzen
ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
www.banffmountainguides.com