[MCR] Neptuak/Deltaform

Subject: [MCR] Neptuak/Deltaform
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:50:23 -0600

Climbed Mts. Neptuak and Deltaform over the weekend and once again we were blessed with ideal conditions.  There is some ice on both of the routes but it is easily avoidable and crampons were not needed.

The col between the 2 peaks still has a large snow patch so water is readily available via seeps.  We changed out the anchors on Deltaform with new webbing/slings and added pieces so now all are 3 pieces or large slung blocks.  We also changed about 85% of them on Neptuak until we ran out of material.

We built a large cairn to mark the trail to bypass the first steep pitch on Neptuak.  It leads to an easier 2 pitch variation on the Prospector valley side of the ridge about 100 meters from the ridge crest.

Have fun!

Mike Stuart
IFMGA Mountain Guide

IMG_2634