[MCR] Rockies, Louise Falls

Subject: [MCR] Rockies, Louise Falls
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 06:16:10 -0700
I guided on Louise Falls yesterday, Jan 12th. Being the second party there I
talked to my fellow guide, Marco, and me and my guest took the left side of the
climb while Marco and his guest took the right. I enlarged a step through
window onto the pillar. The left side of the pillar is a grade harder than the
right right now and the routes come together for the last couple of meters so
climbing the pillar at the same time as a party on the right is not a good
idea. Lots of room to split left and right above the pillar.

Strong westerly winds all day up high raking the snow mercilessly. Some strong
gusts on the climb. We saw no evidence of recent avalanches but strong winds
will cover things up quick.

Happy trails,

Barry Blanchard
Mountain Guide