[MCR] Mt. Shark, K-Country, AB Rockies

Subject: [MCR] Mt. Shark, K-Country, AB Rockies
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 16:49:50 -0700
After last night's extreme winds and waking up to +6 in Canmore this morning, we decided to go for an exploratory walk on our skis today.

The winds had been so strong, they reached down into the submarine elevation band. We saw bits of West Coast coral on the surface (pic) today. Destructive.

Overcast and windy (surprise) all day. Temperatures stayed around the freezing mark. Lots of snowpack settlement observed and any open terrain was obviously wind hammered with serious wind slab. But we found some good turns on a sheltered slope.

Also not surprisingly we observed debris from numerous slides on alpine lee features up to size 2.5 that released to ground.

Ken Bélanger, topcog@xxxxxxxxx
ACMG ASG, CAA Pro
and
Nick Rapaich
ACMG SG & AAG

Sent from my iDon't care what kind of phone you have