[MCR] Silk Tassel/Bubble Wrap Blues

Subject: [MCR] Silk Tassel/Bubble Wrap Blues
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 15:39:47 -0700
My guest and I climbed both routes today January 26th.
Temperature was -8c at 0815 at the parking area and winds were calm.

Both routes are in great shape, but BWB offering steeper, more technical ice
with harder to find screw placements in the first 15 meters.  We followed a
boot pack trail made from the party of 3 in front of us up through the alders
to the edge of the gully below the routes. From there we hiked up firm
avalanche debris to the base in 35 minutes total.
The sun was quite strong when it came back out from behind Mt. Stephen at 12:30
pm, just before our descent back to the car.
No avalanches observed. Winds seemed to be calm all the way to ridge tops in
the Field area today.

JPEG image

Kris Irwin - Alpine Guide
www.rockies-ice.com