[MCR] Special Public Avalanche Warning

Subject: [MCR] Special Public Avalanche Warning
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 20:03:45 +0000

The CAC has issued a Special Public Avalanche Warning for most regions, which will be in effect until next week. You can access the SPAW using this url: http://www.avalanche.ca/uploads/SPAW/SPAW%20Feb%2020.pdf or by clicking the link on any of our website’s pages (www.avalanche.ca/cac).

This is a tricky time and it will require some real heads-up thinking to steer clear of trouble for the next while. Everyone’s hungry for the powder right now and if we get sunny, blue-sky conditions as forecast in the next few days, it will take a lot of patience and discipline to manage risk. There’s a few posts on our Forecaster and South Rockies blogs at  http://blogs.avalanche.ca/ where we discuss the situation and offer advice for staying safe.

Our conditions summaries and long-range outlooks are on the blog site as well and help provide some context.

Stay safe.

Karl Klassen – Manager, Public Avalanche Warning Service

Canadian Avalanche Centre kklassen@xxxxxxxxxxxx