[MCR] Rockies - Crowfoot Mountain

Subject: [MCR] Rockies - Crowfoot Mountain
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 14:59:28 -0700
Friends and I skied the morainal gully right and fan below the Crowfoot Couloir yesterday. We decided not to boot pack up the couloir because there was a hard wind/spindrift slab at the mouth, 5-20cms thick. It was reactive when unsupported. We found variable ski quality with plenty of wind affect, not the great consistent low density powder over rain crust of earlier in the week.

Brent Peters
Alpine Guide
PeakStratagem.com