[MCR] Mt Patterson E Ridge

Subject: [MCR] Mt Patterson E Ridge
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 22:33:12 -0600
Fellow apprentice guides Patrick Lindsay, Jesse Petersen and I enjoyed a warm
sunny day on Mt Patterson. The temps made the waist deep crossing of the
Mistaya River humourous rather than chilling. The colours are already starting
to turn on the approach slopes. We scrambled quarzite ledges right of the
prominent couloir which had discontinuous snow.

We both ascended and descended the east ridge today. The route is in great
condition: dry throughout, save for the upper glacier separating the two tiers
of rock climbing. We were able to refill our water bottles here.

We found crampons useful for the glaciers. On our descent we spent some time
removing some of the loose rock, most significantly on the upper corner of the
first pitch.

Brent Peters
Apprentice Alpine Guide
CAA Level 2
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures

JPEG image

Patrick leading the crux pitch through the black band.

Sent from my iPhone