[MCR] Brewer Buttress, Castle Mountain

Subject: [MCR] Brewer Buttress, Castle Mountain
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 18:08:28 -0600
On Wednesday, September 4, I guided an ascent of Brewer Buttress. Here is a bit of info for folks heading up there:

- The water source for the hut is drying up quickly. As of Sept. 4, the flow rate was approximately 10 min/litre.
- There are three full propane canisters and two others that are partly full.
- The route is in great shape.
- The descent trail off the summit plateau is not in as good shape as usual, probably due to the June precipitation.
- On the descent there are two pitons and a sling in a gully ten meters to the side of a well protected (and harder to see) two bolt rappel station. If I had a hammer, I would have removed the pins - these should not be used in place of the bolts.

Take care,

Grant Meekins
Mountain Guide
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures