[MCR] Curtain Call

Subject: [MCR] Curtain Call
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 09:58:26 -0700
I had the distinct honour of guiding Curtain Call (Route #53, IceLines - Select Waterfalls of the Canadian Rockies) yesterday with Gord Bridgeman and Kendra Stritch for Yamnuska Mountain Adventures.

We found similar conditions to Marco's MCR. Some notes: the way the route is currently formed, it is best to belay 5m up on the apron (either side would work, you can walk behind the lower pillar). The lower pillar climbs and protects best front and centre (unconsolidated chandelier on the sides). After 40m (v-thread atop the pillar) I traversed right on the large petals to belay in the alcove beside the upper pillar (60m from the apron belay). The upper pillar is filling in and traversing behind it would be challenging. 40m from here to the top v-threads. From the top v-threads, its 60m back down to the v-thread atop the lower pillar. 60m from here down to the ground.

Thanks to Marco's team and John Price's team for all the cleaning the past couple of days. The route climbs and protects well right now and is mostly dry.

Brent Peters
Alpine Guide