[MCR] Skiing Kootney Fire break area Dec 8

Subject: [MCR] Skiing Kootney Fire break area Dec 8
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 10:37:04 -0700

Went for a ski up Stanley Valley on Monday.

Ski conditions were rugged and hazardous. Snow cover was pretty poor at around 40 centimeters. Ground hazards and lack of snow base made any off trail skiing almost impossible.

Some folks had skied the Kootenay Firebreak, but I certainly would not recommend it until we get better coverage.

The good news is that Ice climbing has been great.

Regards

Dave Stark

Director of Operations

  www.yamnuska.com