[MCR] Bugaboos

Subject: [MCR] Bugaboos
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 18:04:07 -0600
Just back from a quick trip to the Bugaboos where we climbed the NE Ridge of Bugaboo Spire.

The Bugaboo-Snowpatch col has seen a significant amount of rockfall, we saw a car-sized boulder tumble down it in the mid-afternoon. There were reports of natural and climber-generated rockfall even before sunrise. We elected to descend the Snowpatch rappels after our climb - but if you go there be prepared to climb out of the moat to get onto the glacier.

The glacier travel up the Pigeon Fork of the Bugaboo Glacier and across the head of the Vowell still looked reasonable.

All the rock routes are dry with no sign of last week’s snowfall.

Mark Klassen
ACMG-IFMGA Mountain Guide
Banff-Lake Louise, Canada